HK USP, HK45 Short Reset System
Our HK USP and HK45 Short Reset System replicates our custom in-house short reset conversion with a drop-in kit for your pistol. These kits are cut from bar stock steel and provide an exacting fit for easy installation.
It shortens the reset travel distance by about one-third, reduces trigger over-travel, and reduces pull weight while maintaining all factory safety functions.
This kit is specific to the HK USP and HK45 models with or without a thumb safety, including DA/SA and LEM variations. Review our Fit Guide and trigger bar notes below.
The HK USP and HK45 Short Reset System should be an easy installation for those familiar with the pistol’s trigger mechanism.
The control latch is precisely wire cut EDM from ground bar stock to exacting tolerances. Properly heat-treated and coated in a durable nickel PTFE finish for a lifetime of durability and smooth function.
Engineered to provide several benefits:
- Shortens trigger reset travel distance by approximately 30 percent
- Converts the action to drive the sear directly off the control latch – instead of transferring energy through the catch – for a direct drive connection between the control latch and sear
- Reduced trigger over travel values
- Maintains all factory safety functions
- It simplifies installation and reassembly as the control latch can be installed separately from the catch. (Similar to the P30 and P2000.)
- Works with both DA/SA and LEM variants
- Included Grayguns Firing Pin Block Spring reduces stacking in DA pull and lightens trigger pull
Parts Included in Kit
Install all parts, including the extended sear roll pin, as the parts are designed to be installed together.
- Custom-designed Grayguns Control Latch
- Custom replacement Firing Pin Block Spring
- Custom replacement Extended Sear Roll Pin
HK USP & HK45 Short Reset System Fit Guide
The kit works with the following DA/SA and LEM variants – with or without a thumb safety:
- USP Elite
- USP Expert
- USP Compact
- USP Tactical
- HK45 Compact
Our kits will not fit the following variants:
- Double Action Only pistols
- Early USP models with joined one-piece catch, control latch, or a short catch that stops the hammer rather than a spur. These older versions are rare and usually easily identified because they lack the rubber coating on the hammer thumb stud.
- We have not tested our system with the P8A1 version of the USP. A limited number were imported to the USA, and customers have had mixed results after installing the kit. One reported great results, another not so much.) We do not suggest our kit for the P8A1 at this time.
Important Trigger Bar Notice
Our gunsmiths have determined variance in some HK45/USP trigger bars. Some guns have an angle cut on the front side of the sear on the trigger bar. (See photos below.)
We have found that installing our parts in a firearm with the extra cut will induce some issues within the gun. In double-action mode with the safety on, the trigger bar allows the hammer to drop onto the catch as if it were being de-cocked.
We do not recommend our parts be used with a trigger bar with this extra cut. However, the gun will not go off in the case of the extra cut. Please consult your local gunsmith if you do not know how to check your trigger bar.
|Package Dimensions||6 × 4 × 1 in|
Many parts sold by Grayguns - including but not limited to triggers, trigger kits, internal components and spring kits - are intended for installation by a qualified armorer or gunsmith who is familiar with the firearm.
Although kits fit with no issues in a great majority of pistols, Grayguns cannot guarantee perfect functionality in every instance.
Due to varying tolerances present in all mass-produced firearms, professional fitting by a qualified armorer who is familiar with the pistol's action may be required.
Grayguns offers installation services for all parts kits we offer. If you have any issues or questions about the installation process, STOP IMMEDIATELY and contact the Grayguns Customer Service Team.